Terms and Conditions of Entry In consideration of this registration being accepted and my being permitted to participate in the Event, I agree to the following, intending to be legally bound for myself and my heirs, executors and administrators. “Event” means the event or activity for which you are registering and any related events or activities that take place prior to the main event.
- I understand and agree that I participate in the Event at my own risk.
- I acknowledge my participation in the Event may involve a significant degree of physical exertion and risk, including the risk of physical injury and I voluntarily agree to assume those risks. I accept that Cancer Council Queensland has undertaken no assessment of my ability to participate and I am solely responsible for assessing my level of fitness and ability to participate. I agree to consult with my medical practitioner prior to the Event if I am in any doubt as to my fitness and whether to participate.
- I agree to follow the rules, regulations and instructions of the organisers and Cancer Council Queensland.
- I understand and accept that the organisers and Cancer Council Queensland are not responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings and that vehicles are parked at the owner’s own risk. 5. To the fullest extent permitted by law, I waive any and all rights that I or any other person claiming through me may have, against Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents, and I release Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents from any and all claims, actions, proceedings and demands arising in relation to any injury (including death), property damage, consequential loss and any other loss, that is suffered by me or any person claiming through me, as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission by me, or my participation in the Event, regardless of whether such loss arises under statute or in tort including the negligence of Cancer Council Queensland or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I will indemnify and keep indemnified Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents against any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced, including for consequential loss and loss of profits and including legal costs on a full indemnity basis, that Cancer Council Queensland, its employees or agents incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission by me, or my participation in the Event.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Cancer Council Queensland and the organisers exclude all warranties or guarantees regarding the Event including any warranty or guarantee that any services will be rendered with due care and skill or that any goods supplied in connection with those services will be reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are supplied. To the extent that liability for any warranty or guarantee cannot by law be excluded, then, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Cancer Council Queensland’s and the organisers’ liability: (a) for death, physical or mental injury or disease (including any aggravation or acceleration of such injury or disease) is entirely excluded; and (b) otherwise is limited, at Cancer Council Queensland’s option, to supplying the goods or services again or paying the cost of having the goods or services supplied again.
- If any provision in this document is unenforceable, illegal or void, then the parties agree that the provision must be read down the minimum necessary to allow it to be enforceable whilst preserving as close as is possible the purpose of the provision. If the provision cannot be read down, it is severed, and the rest of this document remains in force.
- Registration payments are not refundable for any reason. If a participant is unable or unwilling to participate in the event, or if the event is modified or terminated for any reason, registration payments will be deemed to be donations to Cancer Council Queensland for which a tax-deductible receipt will be issued upon request. However, Cancer Council Queensland is willing to consider requests to transfer registration fees to future events on a case by case basis.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a parent or guardian read and accept these terms and conditions of entry on their behalf.