Being diagnosed with cancer or supporting a loved one with cancer can leave you with many questions.
We want to help you find the answers. Call Cancer Council 13 11 20 Information and Support line to talk with one of the team.
Our team can provide you with cancer information, emotional and practical support. We can also refer you to Cancer Council Queensland’s support program and services.
This is a confidential service available Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (excluding public holidays).
Call Cancer Council 13 11 20 Information and Support line to talk to one of the team about anything to do with cancer including:
- Emotional support if you or someone you care about has cancer
- How to reduce your risk of cancer
- Questions about early detection
- Cancer diagnosis
- Treatments and their side effects
- Practical support and services that are available for people affected by cancer
- End of life issues
Anyone can call Cancer Council 13 11 20 – people living with cancer, their families, carers and friends, people wanting to reduce their cancer risk, teachers, students and healthcare professionals.
This service is provided thanks to the generous donations and support of Queenslanders.
Christmas operating hours
This service will be available on the following days (excluding weekends and public holidays).
*Please note the changes to hours of operation between Christmas and New Year.
- Monday, December 23, 2019, 9am-5pm
- Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 9am-5pm
- Friday, December 27, 2019, 8am-4pm*
- Monday, December 30, 2019, 8am-4pm*
- Tuesday, December 31, 2019, 8am-4pm*
For cancer information and support in a language other than English, our 13 11 30 team can access the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) for you.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment contact us through the National Relay Service. Give the Cancer Council number 13 11 20.
For more information about the National Relay Service visit www.relayservice.gov.au