Current as at 14 January 2016
In consideration of this registration being accepted and my being permitted to participate in the event, I agree to the following, intending to be legally bound for myself and my successors, executors and administrators.
- I understand and agree that I participate in the event at my own risk.
- I agree to follow the rules, regulations and instructions of the organizers and Cancer Council Queensland.
- I understand that vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk.
- I accept that the organisers and Cancer Council Queensland are not responsible for the security of my personal belongings.
- I understand that participants under the age of 18 are required to have a parent or guardian read and accept these terms and conditions of entry on their behalf.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I waive any and all rights that I or any other person claiming through me may have, against Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents, and I release Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents from any and all claims, actions, proceedings and demands arising in relation to any injury (including death), property damage, consequential loss and any other loss, that is suffered by me or any person claiming through me, as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission by me, or my participation in the event, regardless of whether such loss arises under statute or in tort including the negligence of Cancer Council Queensland or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I will indemnify and keep indemnified Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents against any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced, including for consequential loss and loss of profits and including legal costs on a full indemnity basis, that Cancer Council Queensland, its employees or agents incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission by me, or my participation in the event.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Cancer Council Queensland and the other organisers exclude all warranties or guarantees regarding the event including any warranty or guarantee that any services will be rendered with due care and skill or that any goods supplied in connection with those services will be reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are supplied. To the extent that liability for any warranty or guarantee cannot by law be excluded, then, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Cancer Council Queensland’s and the other organisers’ liability:
(a) for death, physical or mental injury or disease (including any aggravation or acceleration of such injury or disease) is entirely excluded; and
(b) otherwise is limited, at Cancer Council Queensland’s option, to supplying the goods or services again or paying the cost of having the goods or services supplied again.
- If any provision in this document is unenforceable, illegal or void, then the parties agree that the provision must be read down the minimum necessary to allow it to be enforceable whilst preserving as close as is possible the purpose of the provision. If the provision cannot be read down, it is severed and the rest of this document remains in force.