- Do you have an interest in fundraising? Join Cancer Council Queensland and work across our entire fundraising portfolio!
- Two, 12 month full-time contract opportunities available!
- If you have passion and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we would love to hear from you!
Medical research has successfully beaten most disease – it will beat cancer. Cancer Council Queensland (CCQ) is the state’s leading independent organisation in cancer control and is committed to a cancer free future.
We recognise that Queenslanders want to help in different ways. This is why we offer a range of options – from making one-off or ongoing donations to hosting events and purchasing merchandise. There is something for everyone! The Supporter Services team provides exceptional customer service to all donors who fundraise for CCQ.
About the role
This is your opportunity to join our passionate Fundraising team and make a difference! You will be responsible for delivering the highest standard of customer service to all valued donors and the general public who are engaged in fundraising activities for Cancer Council Queensland. You will work closely across the entire fundraising portfolio to provide guidance and support to our donors, helping them achieve their fundraising goals and, ultimately, our collective mission to raise funds to beat cancer.
You will assist the broader Fundraising team to develop engaging scripts and facilitate all outbound phone calls to past and current donors across all fundraising campaigns to secure their ongoing support. You will also have the opportunity to recruit, train and inspire volunteers to assist in all areas of the Supporter Services team including inbound and outbound donor communication and fundraising administration tasks.
CCQ has two Supporter Services Officer positions available. The roles are both 12 month full-time, maternity leave cover contracts, with the possibility of extension.
To be successful in this role, you must have strong experience in a customer service, telephone support or administrative role, and excellent communication skills, both written and oral. You will also have exceptional organisational and time management skills, and be customer service focussed and compassionate when interacting with supporters and the general public.
Your ability to work closely and effectively in a team to meet and achieve organisational goals is essential. Previous experience working with volunteers, in a fundraising environment and/or a Certificate III in Business Administration is highly desirable.
If you have the passion and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Applications addressing the key skills listed in the position description are required by 9am on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 and should be forwarded to:
Executive Manager, Human Resources
Cancer Council Queensland
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancer Council Queensland is a smoke free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to complete a current National Police Certificate.
Are you interested in more detail?
Read more about the role below.
Supporter Services Officer
Community Support Services Manager
1 – Support/Operational
Hours of work:
Required to work five days per week to cover business requirements of a 7.5 hour day and 37.5 hour week but might be required to work outside these depending on business requirements.
Limited travel is required.
Your contribution to a cancer-free future
The Supporter Services Officer is responsible for delivering the highest standard of customer service to all valued donors and the general public engaged in fundraising activities for Cancer Council Queensland (CCQ). This role works closely across the entire fundraising portfolio to provide guidance and support to our donors, helping them achieve their fundraising goals and ultimately our collective mission to raise funds to beat cancer.
- Provide exceptional customer service and donor care to all supporters who fundraise for Cancer Council Queensland.
- Respond to all supporter enquiries in a friendly and responsive manner and offer expert guidance to our new donors.
- Coordinate all inbound communication from donors and the general public via multiple platforms, including the fundraising hotline, SMS, general enquiries and event registrations received in the fundraising inbox.
- Assist the broader Fundraising team to develop engaging scripts and facilitate all outbound phone calls to past and current donors across all Cancer Council Queensland fundraising campaigns to secure their ongoing support.
- Recruit, train and inspire volunteers to assist in all areas of the Supporter Services team including inbound and outbound donor communication and fundraising administration tasks.
- Coordinate the fundraising team’s internal e-newsletter, monthly teleconferences and regular online learning and development sessions.
- Track results and compile reports of all incoming and outbound donor communication and administration tasks.
- Provide regular feedback from our donors about our campaigns and services to relevant managers to ensure continuous improvement of our offerings and improve the overall donor experience.
- Meet agreed customer service standards and timeframes to support the team’s vision of being the charity of choice.
- Assist with administration duties that support the fundraising team such as managing receipts, processing registrations, printing campaign materials, assisting with processing of invoices, dispatching kits and merchandise and assisting with mailings to donors.
- Assist in project work as agreed by your manager that improves efficiencies and streamlines processes across the Fundraising team.
- Contribute to a regular shared roster to support Cancer Council Queensland head office reception switch.
- Assist the Retail team with occasional retail assistant roster relief of the SunSmart Shop when required.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong experience in a customer service, telephone support or administrative role.
- Strong computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office suite.
- Certificate III in Business Administration is desirable.
- Previous experience in a fundraising environment is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including well-developed telephone and electronic communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively in a team.
- Customer service focussed and compassionate when interacting with supporters and the general public.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to meet set team and organisational goals.
- Experience working with volunteers is highly desirable.
- Current Queensland driver’s licence.
- Conduct activities in accordance with Cancer Council Queensland policies, procedures and management instruction as and when required.
- Work collaboratively with your team in pursuit of the overall organisational mission.
- Work collaboratively with other members of Cancer Council Queensland to ensure support of, and excellence in, the delivery of all Cancer Council promotions and activities.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.