Stress less this festive season and help protect your family from the sun’s UV with Christmas gifts that give back!
If you’re stuck for ideas for your own shopping list, or still need to buy for family and friends, make Cancer Council your first-stop shop.
Cancer Council Queensland has retail stores in Fortitude Valley, Southport, Maroochydore, Bundaberg, and Mackay, plus products are available via the online store at cancercouncilshop.org.au.
Cancer Council Queensland CEO Ms Chris McMillan explained that the sun protection stores, provided retail therapy for a good cause, with every purchase going towards cancer research and services.
“Our retail offering includes a wide range of sun protective clothing, sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, accessories, umbrellas, cosmetics and gifts,” Ms McMillan said.
“Queensland has the highest rates of skin cancer in the world – Cancer Council’s products offer the best protection under the sun, meaning you can head out and enjoy festive fun with confidence.”
1. Slip on a Dashie the Elf Rashie. This rashie has been introduced especially for the festive season and is available in a range of adult ($39.95) and kids’ sizes ($34.95). It has a UPF 50+ rating and is chlorine resistant. Plus, there’s a matching red legionnaire hat ($14.95) that you can buy to go with it!
2. Slop on a Zinc stick. The triple pack of coloured Zinc sticks ($19.95) make a statement, adding colour and protection to any outdoor activity. The zinc sticks come in green, white, and yellow, and offer SPF50+ protection. These sticks are ideal for sun-sensitive areas like ears, nose, lips and face.
3. Slap on a Flexibraid Hat. A stylish companion that protects face, ears and neck from sun damage. The Flexibraid offers UPS50+ protection and comes in a range of colours and styles like blue, navy, ivory, camel, natural and light grey ($59.95).
4. Seek shade in Cabana. Cancer Council’s Pop-up Cabana is a mobile hideout spot for the beach, park or even backyard that doesn’t require assembly. This UPF 50+ companion comes in two sizes, medium ($99.95) and family ($139.95).
5. Slide on sunnies. Cancer Council has a range of sunglasses to suit any taste while guaranteeing superior sun protection. New Cammeray Sunglasses ($49.95) come in a glamorous cat eye style and like other models in Cancer Council’s range, offers an eye protection factor rating of EPF10 – the highest available in Australia.
Enjoy the festive season the SunSmart way for a healthy and happy holiday.
Cancer Council Queensland recommends people use all five methods of sun protection when heading outdoors – Slip on protective clothing, Slop on SPF30 or above broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen, Slap on a broad-brimmed hat, Seek shade and Slide on wrap-around sunglasses, when heading outdoors.
For more about Cancer Council Queensland, visit cancerqld.org.au or phone 13 11 20.
For more information, please contact:
Lisa Maynard, Manager, Public Relations and Social Media
Cancer Council Queensland
P. (07) 3634 5171 or E. firstname.lastname@example.org