Terms and Conditions for CCQ Competitions and Raffles in Queensland
The name of this competition is Girls’ Night In Registration Incentive Prize
- The promoter of this competition is Cancer Council Queensland, Address: 553 Gregory Terrace, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006, ABN: 48 321 126 727. Cancer Council Queensland is a registered charity under the Collections Act 1966 (Qld) and with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
- To be eligible to enter this competition entrants must:
- Register to fundraise for Cancer Council Queensland for Girls’ Night In through https://www.doitforcancer.com.au/event/host-a-girls-night-in/home between 6pm AEST Thursday 26 May, 2022, to 6pm AEST Saturday 28 May, 2022.
- Entering this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Entrants under the age of 18 are required to have a parent or guardian read and accept these Terms and Conditions on their behalf.
- Cancer Council Queensland reserves the right to invalidate any entry which it considers to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- If, for any reason, the competition is prevented or hindered from being conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or acts of God, Cancer Council Queensland reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available to it, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- Cancer Council Queensland reserves the right to disqualify any contestant at any time in its absolute discretion.
- Cancer Council Queensland employees and directors, and their relatives are ineligible to enter.
- The start date of the competition is: Thursday 26 May, 2022, at 6pm AEST.
- Entries close: Saturday 28 May, 2022, at 6pm AEST.
- The prize will be drawn: at 2pm AEST on Monday 30 May, 2022 at Cancer Council Queensland, 553 Gregory Terrace, Fortitude Valley, QLD, 4006.
- The competition is open to Queensland residents only.
- There is only one prize winner.
- The prize is a JBL Wireless Speaker valued at $199.
- Terms and conditions of the prize:
- Eligible participants must have registered through the Girls’ Night In website (https://www.doitforcancer.com.au/event/host-a-girls-night-in/home) between 6pm AEST Thursday 26 May, 2022 to 6pm AEST Saturday 28 May, 2022.
- Prizes will be awarded at random to the entrant that registered for Girls’ Night In between 6pm Thursday 26 May, 2022 to 6pm AEST Saturday 28 May, 2022.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Cancer Council Queensland’s decision is final, and it will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
- The winner will be notified by phone using the contact details on the winner’s registration within 30 days of the drawing date.
- Prize winners have until Wednesday, 29 June at 12pm AEST to claim the prize.
- Cancer Council Queensland will deliver the prize to the winner within 1 month of the winner being announced and the prize being accepted.
- The name of the winner will not be published.
- If Cancer Council Queensland is unable to contact the prize winner by Wednesday, 29 June, 2022, at 12pm, an unclaimed prize draw will be held at 1pm Wednesday, 29 June, 2022 at Cancer Council Queensland, 553 Gregory Terrace, Fortitude Valley, QLD, 4006. The redraw winner will be notified by phone using their contact details on their registration.
- Cancer Council Queensland and its members accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected mail.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify Cancer Council Queensland. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Cancer Council Queensland.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants waive any and all rights that they or any other person claiming through them may have, against Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents, and they release Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents from any and all claims, actions, proceedings and demands arising in relation to any injury (including death), property damage, consequential loss and any other loss, that is suffered by them or any person claiming through them as a direct or indirect result of their participation in the competition, regardless of whether such loss arises under statute or in tort including the negligence of Cancer Council Queensland or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants will indemnify and keep indemnified Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents against any claim or proceedings that is made, threatened or commenced, including for consequential loss and loss of profits and including legal costs on a full indemnity basis, that Cancer Council Queensland, its employees or agents incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of the entrant’s participation in the competition.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Cancer Council Queensland exclude all warranties or guarantees regarding the event including any warranty or guarantee that any services will be rendered with due care and skill or that any goods supplied in connection with those services will be reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are supplied. To the extent that liability for any warranty or guarantee cannot by law be excluded, then, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Cancer Council Queensland’s liability:
- for death, physical or mental injury or disease (including any aggravation or acceleration of such injury or disease) is entirely excluded; and
- otherwise is limited, at Cancer Council Queensland’s option, to supplying the goods or services again or paying the cost of having the goods or services supplied again.
MEDIA CONSENT AND PRIVACY
- By winning this prize the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable Cancer Council Queensland and media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed and/or filmed. The winner agrees to Cancer Council Queensland from time to time using their name, image and/or performance in this competition for any purpose (including publicity, merchandising, editorial, education and fundraising) in any country and by any form of media without qualification (e.g. newspapers, magazines, other print publications, radio and television broadcasts, websites, podcasts, and vodcasts) in perpetuity.