Cancer Council Queensland
Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into Cancer Council’s Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Queensland. However, employees and the immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. If the Major Prize Winner (“Winner”) is unable to complete the travel to Melbourne before Tuesday 17th September, 2021 they will forfeit the prize in full and a re-draw will take place as specified in these terms and conditions.
4. Entrants under the age of 16 years must check the tick box on the entry form to confirm they have gained parental consent prior to entering the Competition.
5. Entrants must have registered their Australia’s Biggest Tea Morning and agreed to raise funds before entering and must confirm so by checking the relevant tick box on the Competition entry form.
6. The competition commences on Thursday, 25 March 2021 at 16:00 AEDT and closes on Sunday, 16 May 2021 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”).
7. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network 10 and www.10play.com.au.
How to Enter
8. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Log on to 10play.com.au/win and register their details. Specific details may vary and may include (but not limited to) first name, last name, post code, phone number, email address, gender, and date of birth, to become a 10 Play member.
b. Tick the checkbox on the entry form to confirm they have registered to host and raise funds for Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea (ABMT).
9. It is free to become a 10 Play member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with the 10 Members rules.
10. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
11. Entrants who have won a Major Prize in any Network 10 competition in the past 12 months are not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
12. A limit of one online entry per day per 10 Play member applies. One 10 Play membership per person applies.
Entries must be received by Sunday, 16 May 2021 at 23:59 AEST to be included in the Prize Draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered into the Prize Draw.
13. Major and Minor Prize winners who have hosted their ABMT during the contesting period must bank the funds raised within two (2) weeks of the competition closing date.
14. If the Minor Prize Winner has held their ABMT during the contesting period, the winner will receive a separate morning tea hosted by Andy Allan as outlined in Clause 23.
15. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
16. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Ansible Pty Ltd, will not be responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this. Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Major or Minor Prize Winner, the Winner hereby permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network 10 or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
19. The Prize Draw will be held on Monday, 17 May 2021 at 11:00 AEST at Network 10 Pty Ltd, 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
20. The Major and Minor Prize Winners will be notified by a phone call within two (2) days of the draw and in writing and the Winner’s details will be published on the 10 Play website at 10play.com.au from Wednesday, 19 May 2021.
21. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
22. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Network 10, 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009. on Monday, 28 June 2021 at 11:00 AEDT. The unclaimed prize Winner will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and Winner’s details will be published on the 10 Play website at 10play.com.au from Wednesday, 30 June 2021.
23. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner and One (1) Minor Prize Winner drawn from all entries received (Online). The Major Prize Winner will win the following prize package:
|Number||Major Prize Details||AUD Valued at up to|
|One (1) x Major Prize||
|TOTAL PRIZE VALUE AT UP TO – AUD||$2,300.00|
The Minor Prize Winner will receive the following prize package:
|Number||Minor Prize Details||AUD Valued at up to|
|One (1) x Minor Prize||
|TOTAL PRIZE VALUE AT UP TO – AUD||$550.00|
24. The total Prize Pool is valued at up to $2,850.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption date. Prize is based on full RRP only, if goods are on sale at time of purchase, they will be provided at pre-sale price.
25. The Major Prize travel must be completed by Friday 17th September 2021, is subject to availability, and is based on two (2) people sharing a twin/double room.
26. The Minor Prize Andy Allan hosted Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea must be completed by Friday 17th September 2021.
27. The Major Prize Winner must advise The Promoter of their intended dates of travel a minimum of 6 weeks prior to departure.
28. If the Major Prize Winner is under the age of 18, they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian over the age of 18 years.
29. Unless specified, the Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion/s are responsible for all other expenses incurred.
30. Travel insurance is not included (unless specified in the prize inclusions) but is highly recommended.
31. Specified accommodation, restaurants and tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered dependent on availability.
32. Dates of travel within holiday periods are subject to availability. Blackout dates, including School, summer, Christmas, Easter and public holidays, will apply unless specifically pre-arranged prior to the competition being run.
33. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those travelling are not changeable without incurring extra fees. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fees incurred as a result of any changes made and these costs will be borne by the Winner and their companion/s.
34. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and, unless specified otherwise, are responsible to organise transfers and cover associated costs for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure.
35. The Major Prize Winner, or their travelling companion, may be required to provide a credit card in order to check-in at the hotel for a security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges.
36. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The Promoter has the right to determine the airline carrier at its discretion. In the event that a Winner requests a specific carrier, not offered by the Promoter, any subsequent or additional fees and taxes, if applicable will be the responsibility of the Winner. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline’s departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel Prize and any costs incurred by the Winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the Winner.
37. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Major Prize Winner and travelling companion/s must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
38. Network 10 and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the Prize(s) make no representation as to the safety conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
39. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any necessary visas, vaccinations, passports and any associated costs are the responsibility of the Winner and their travelling companion. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s.
40. All components of the Prize must be fulfilled on the dates confirmed between the Major Prize Winner and the Promoter and they cannot be split across different time periods. All elements of the package are subject to availability at the time of booking.
41. The Promoter will contact and liaise with the Minor Prize Winner to confirm details and logistics for their Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea prize.
42. It is the responsibility of the Minor Prize Winner to provide the relevant audio/visual equipment required to conduct a zoom meeting, either via a computer, mobile phone, or otherwise at their own expense.
43. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes are not included. These are the responsibility of the Winner.
44. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
45. In acceptance of the prize, the Major and Minor Prize Winners acknowledge that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the Major Prize Winner.
46. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
47. The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the delivery of the prizes.
48. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
49. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Major or Minor Prize Winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the Major or Minor Prize Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
50. Personal information about all prize Winners will be shared with the prize suppliers, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winners.
51. If the Major or Minor Prize Winners do not provide proof of meeting the valid entry requirements, the Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Major or Minor Prize Winner will have no further claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Prize to a valid entrant.
52. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
53. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Major and Minor Prize Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
54. Should the Major or Minor Prize Winners not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Prize, and a redraw will take place to reallocate the Prize to a valid Winner.
55. By accepting the prize, the Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
56. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to government legislation.
57. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances and the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a Winner, the Winner will be notified in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner signs any such legal documentation.
58. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
59. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government legislation.
60. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
61. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
62. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to the Ansible Pty Ltd. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the Winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
64. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.