Health professionals are encouraged to register to become members of the Health Professional Cancer Network. The network will provide regular updates on cancer information resources and programs, research updates, and professional development opportunities.Register for the free Health Professional Network
For enquiries please contact Cancer Support and Information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Health Professional Information Sessions
New sessions are added throughout the year, so be sure to check back regularly.
To access recordings from previous information sessions visit our e-library.
Occupational Cancer e-learning module
In some Australian workplaces, employees are exposed to a diverse range of possible carcinogens at higher concentrations and for longer periods of time than the general public. It is estimated that approximately 5000 cancers each year are caused by workplace exposures.
Cancer Council has developed an e-learning module to increase GP’s awareness of workplace carcinogens and cancers. The module includes sections on occupational cancers in the Australian context, the role of an exposure history, common occupational cancers and the Australian compensation system.
The 60 minute module is accredited with both RACGP and ACRRM.
To register and complete the module:
- Step 1 – Go to https://cancercouncil.litmos.com.au/online-courses
- Step 2 – Register by clicking the Register button at the top right of the page
- Step 3 – Complete the registration requirements
- Step 4 – Login by clicking the Login button at the top right of the page and entering your information
- Step 5 – Click the Start new course button and choose the course of interest
- Step 6 – Click the Let’s Go! button to start the course
Community Events – Information sessions
Cancer Council Queensland offers a range of information sessions throughout the year, in locations across the state. These sessions are conducted in a supportive group environment for people affected by cancer, their carers, partners, friends and families. Please visit our Community Events Information Sessions page for more information