Our accommodation support lodges are independent living facilities that provide a home away from home for those who need to travel to access cancer treatment.
Charles Wanstall Apex Lodge is located in a quiet residential street on Brisbane’s northside. It is just a 15 minute walk from the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
Its proximity to Victoria Park provides picturesque scenery for leisurely walks. It’s a casual stroll to the nearest cafe. Local services, grocery stores and restaurants are just a short drive away.
Download Charles Wanstall Apex Lodge brochure
37 Fleming Rd, Herston QLD 4006
Our lodge has 35 spacious units, all with their own private bathroom. The rooms are either studio rooms or self-contained one, two or three bedroom apartments with private kitchens. Residents can stay by themselves or with their family.
Each room has
- a television
- a kettle
Our lodge is a large, open and secure site with plenty of space to walk around, a large car park and multiple outdoor and indoor communal areas.
- BBQ area with seating and shade
- a gazebo
- a large shaded deck
- a children’s playground
- various grassy areas perfect for resting
- Community room complete with books, a television, DVD’s, a children’s play area and a pool table
- Communal kitchen, complete with multiple cooktops and ovens, fridges, freezers and pantry space
- 5 communal laundries with washer, dryer and cleaning essentials such as vacuums and mops
- Initial supply of kitchen essentials provided upon check-in (tea, coffee, hand-soap, etc).
Take a tour
How to book
To book accommodation at Charles Wanstall Apex Lodge, please phone us on (07) 3708 8235 or email email@example.com.
Things to know
- All lodges are smoke free – no smoking is allowed either in rooms, or outside in any communal areas
- Onsite parking is available
- Secure-gated complex
How to get to Charles Wanstall Apex Lodge
Charles Wanstall Apex Lodge is less than a 30-minute drive from the Brisbane Airport, Brisbane Bus Terminal and Roma Street Station. We provide a Monday to Friday travel transfer service between these locations and the lodge. Bookings are essential, and are subject to vehicle capacity and volunteer availability. For further information or to make a booking call Cancer Council on 13 11 20.
Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme
You may be eligible for the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme. Find out more here