Welcome to Cancer Free Challenge
Thank you for participating in the challenge this year. You are part of a passionate community of fundraisers who are committed to a vision of a cancer free future. Cancer Council Queensland are here to help you engage with and motivate your community to raise funds supporting people affected by cancer.
Every dollar you raise will go towards supporting Queenslanders affected by cancer through research, prevention programs and support services.
Download your welcome kit today!
You can start fundraising today!
Please bank all the Cancer Free Challenge donations via the campaign that the funds are raised through (such as Daffodil Day). Please use the deposit slip that was provided in the host kit for that campaign. Funds can be raised via participating in any CCQ event such as:
Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is an opportunity for you and your friends, family or workmates to come together, share a cuppa, some delicious food, and raise money to help those affected by cancer.
Do It For Cancer enables you to fundraise any way you like. Whether you decide to shave your head or run a marathon, it’s easy to create your own fundraiser & make a difference.
The Daffodil Day Appeal is Cancer Council’s most iconic and much-loved fundraising campaign. It is a day for Australians to give hope to those affected by all cancers by donating to support a cancer free future.
Relay For Life brings communities together to celebrate cancer survivorship, remember loved ones lost and empower teams of families, friends and colleagues to raise money to fight back against cancer. You will be recognised by recruiting participants and the funds others raise goes towards your CFC registration.
Catch up, change lives, have fun. Whatever your idea for a Girls Night, the sky is your limit. Make your event as big or small as you like and make a difference to the future of all women.
Discover other campaigns you can get involved with
Some great tips for making a big fundraising impact:
- Think outside the box. Brainstorm creative ideas and ways to connect with people and raise money. Think about anywhere that you can meet and greet people, it could be at clubs, local markets, community events, and sporting groups. Why not chat with your local council to see how you can work together? And don’t forget the power of social media!
- Take part in more than one campaign. You can take part in several CCQ fundraising campaigns such as Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea and Daffodil Day. The more the merrier!
- Be active in your community. Think about fundraising at your local club or sporting group. Some people hold regular stalls at local markets and events to raise money.
- Get a bestie on board! More friends mean more fun. Whether you set up a stall or organise an event, treat it as a social outlet and you will be amazed how easy it is to meet people and connect, especially when you have a partner/friend/family by your side. And all for a great cause!
- Promote yourself! We’ll set you up with an online fundraising page for every campaign you register for. Make sure you update your page with your personal story and share on social.
Where do the raised funds go?
Your fundraising will go directly towards life-saving research in cancer prevention, screening and treatment, and provide support services for people affected by cancer.
Awards and recognition
All Cancer Free Challenge participants will be invited to our end- of- year Thank You celebration events held across Queensland. At this celebration you will be recognised and awarded with a certificate of appreciation for your involvement and commitment to the Cancer Free Challenge.
At each regional Thank You celebration event the highest fundraiser of each champion type will also be presented with an award.
Additionally, the highest fundraiser from each type across the state will also be invited to a state-wide award ceremony, held in Brisbane. (Please review the fundraising guide for full awards and recognitions details).
We are so excited to have you onboard as one of our most passionate fundraisers. We know you have the power to make a difference in the lives of people affected by cancer.
Remember, we’re here to support you along the way. If you have any questions throughout the challenge, please reach out to your Cancer Council Queensland Regional Coordinator.