- Do you love working with people and have retail experience?
- Are you looking for a way to contribute to a cancer free future?
- Work with a well-known and respected charity!
- This opportunity is a casual working approximately 10 hours a week.
Medical research has successfully beaten most disease – it will beat cancer. We are dedicated to serving the community in cancer control. We are dynamic, outcome-focused and responsive to community needs, committed to voluntarism and the pursuit of excellence in all activities. All our staff and volunteers, through their work, are actively involved in cancer control.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of CCQ’s retail team in the Brisbane office, located in Fortitude Valley. The Retail Coordinator will be the first contact for customers, visitors and supporters to the Retail Store and will be responsible for creating a great retail and customer experience.
You will be responsible for managing the financial aspects of the retail store and will work closely with the Retail and Merchandise Manager for local stock control, inventory, marketing and sales.
This is a casual contract for up to twelve months with the hours varying each week, approximately 10 hours each week, including weekends.
To be successful, you will have experience within a similar role preferably in fashion or cosmetics retail. You will have exceptional customer service skills and be confident in providing support and information to a diverse range of individuals. You will have advanced knowledge of retail procedures and the ability to problem solve effectively and provide practical solutions.
If you have proven exposure and understanding of retail principles and practices, the ability to multi-task and enjoy working with a diverse team of volunteers, this is the role for you.
How to apply
Applications addressing the knowledge, skills and experience listed in the position description are required by 9am Friday, July 15, 2016 and should be forwarded to:
Executive Manager, Human Resources
Cancer Council Queensland
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancer Council Queensland is a smoke free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to complete a current National Police Certificate.
Are you interested in more detail?
Read more about the opportunity below.
Retail Support Officer
2 – Professional
Hours of work:
Casual employment. Hours will be rostered as deemed necessary to cover business requirements. On average will work 10 hours per week, including weekends.
Limited travel is required.
Your contribution to a cancer-free future
You will be responsible for creating a great customer experience for all Queenslanders looking to support or partner with Cancer Council Queensland.
- Welcome customers and supporters in a positive, informative, consistent and engaging manner, ensuring their needs are met whilst providing the best possible customer and retail experience.
- Maintain comprehensive retail product knowledge.
- Organise and maintain visual merchandise displays to ensure effective utilisation of floor space and in store presentations, including regularly updating fundraising promotions.
- Manage all incoming communications, including but not limited to answering phones, replying to emails and responding to walk-in enquiries.
- Take a lead role in product ordering to ensure all stores are fully stocked
- Manage all financial aspects of the shop including floats, cash reconciliation and donations.
- In consultation with the Retail and Merchandise Manager, set targets and take action to achieve budgeted retail sales targets and net profit to contribute towards beating cancer.
- Maintain effective stock control including maintenance of stock levels and records, transfers, stock takes and point of sale software.
- Take reasonable care in the workplace and cooperate with management on work health and safety issues, ensuring a safe working environment and reporting incidents and hazards.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience in the coordination of a fashion or pharmaceutical retail outlet or sales environment is required.
- Experience in a similar role, including advanced knowledge of administration and office procedures.
- A high quality customer service focus and people management skills, including difficult customers.
- Certificate III in Business or Retail is desirable.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving as required and have the ability to provide practical solutions in the workplace.
- Proven experience in meeting sales targets and in the development of strategies to achieve income.
- Previous experience in setting up merchandise displays; stock control; financial management and the implementation of business plans.
- Exposure and understanding of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, be flexible and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office suite and POS software.
- Ability to work autonomously within a small team environment with a high level of time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation.
- Experience in handling confidential information.
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to deal with people of all ages in a compassionate manner.
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate is desirable.
- Conduct activities in accordance with Cancer Council Queensland policies, procedures and management instruction as and when required.
- Work collaboratively with your team in pursuit of the overall organisational mission.
- Work collaboratively with other members of Cancer Council Queensland to ensure support of, and excellence in, the delivery of all Cancer Council promotions and activities.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.