Cancer Council is giving the gift of giving this Mother’s Day, inviting Queenslanders to create a personalised vintage eCard for Mum while making a donation towards beating women’s cancers.
More than 4000 Queenslanders will be diagnosed with a women’s cancer this year, and around 750 will die from breast or gynaecological cancer.
Cancer Council Queensland spokesperson Katie Clift said the personalised eCard was the perfect way to surprise Mum and show support for Queensland women touched by cancer.
“With a few clicks, you can create a meaningful card for Mum this Mother’s Day, and know that your gift is also helping women in need throughout Queensland,” Ms Clift said.
“One in two Queensland women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Almost 1000 this year alone will be diagnosed with gynaecological cancer, and nearly 3000 with breast cancer.
“All funds raised for Mother’s Day will support research into women’s cancers, prevention and support services throughout the state.
“This is an innovative way to show your Mum how much you care, while helping us take on women’s cancers!”
Mother’s Day eCards can be created at mumforlife.org.au, with the post-purchase option of ordering a vintage print for an additional $5.
Donations with the Mother’s Day eCard of:
- $5 can provide a mum with temporary soft prosthesis after breast cancer surgery, so she feels more like herself.
- $10 can help a mum undergoing cancer treatment with access to a wig to make her feel beautiful
- $25 can support a mum coping after cancer treatment with an information pack.
- $50 can provide a mum going through cancer with support, reassurance and information about her cancer diagnosis through Cancer Council Helpline 13 11 20.
- $100 can support a mum who needs to travel for treatment with accommodation.
- $250 can help a mum who has been unable to work due to cancer, by assisting with an overdue bill.
Cancer Council Queensland this week also launched a new range of SunSmart cosmetics in its SunSmart Shop at Fortitude Valley and online.
From BB cream to face moisturisers, body lotion, hand cream, lip gloss and lipsticks all containing SPF – there is plenty to choose from for a gift for Mum this Mother’s Day.
Queenslanders can visit the SunSmart Shop at 553 Gregory Terrace, Fortitude Valley, or purchase products online via womenscancers.org.au.
Mother’s Day eCards can be created at mumforlife.org.au.
More information about Cancer Council Queensland is available via Cancer Council Helpline 13 11 20 or cancerqld.org.au.
For more information or interviews, please contact:
Katie Clift, Executive Manager, Media and Spokesperson, Cancer Council Queensland
Ph: (07) 3634 5372 or 0409 001 171