Participating organisation eligibility and responsibilities
- Applying for this grant is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- All parts of our organisation’s application are completed and accurate at the time of filling in the application. We accept that any application that is late or incomplete will not be considered.
- The closing date for applications is March 31, 2017 at 5pm. Successful applications will be notified by email using the contact details on the organisation’s application form.
- Should our organisation’s contact details change during the grant period; it is our responsibility to notify Cancer Council Queensland (CCQ). A request to access or modify any information provided in an application should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CCQ accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected mail.
- CCQ reserves the right to disqualify any application at any time in its absolute discretion. CCQ will not enter into any correspondence regarding unsuccessful applications.
- Should our organisation’s application be successful, our organisation agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable CCQ and Queensland Department of Health (Queensland Health) media editorial requests relating to the grant, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed and/or filmed. The grant recipient agrees to CCQ and Queensland Health from time to time using their name, image and/or performance in this grant for any purpose (including publicity, merchandising, editorial, education and fundraising) in any country and by any form of media without qualification (e.g. newspapers, magazines, other print publications, radio and television broadcasts, websites, podcasts, and vodcasts) in perpetuity.
- Our organisation confirms:
- it has registered to Cancer Council’s free QUEST program before the application close date (CCQ will confirm this upon receipt of your application);
- it has submitted only one application – this includes schools or OSHC that are located on the same premises;
- it is a not-for-profit organisation (proof will be required); and,
- it provides services to children aged 0-18 years in Queensland.
- Our organisation will work towards implementing the strategies that are part of our action plan over the next 6 months (proof will be required).
- Our organisation has a current sun protection policy that has been written by our organisation and reflects our unique organisational actions (our organisation has uploaded this policy with the application).
- Our organisation has uploaded a letter of support from senior management, including endorsement of our sun protection action plan with our application.
- Our organisation has not received funding through the SunSmart Shade Creation Initiative in 2016 or the SunSmart Grant scheme in 2015.
- Our organisation will participate in the post-funding survey to help CCQ measure what impact the funding has had on improving sun safety activities in our organisation.
- Our organisation confirms that it currently has at the date of applying for this grant the funds to complete this project, excluding the grant funding amount.
- Our project will be completed by September 1 2017. Our organisation accepts that no extensions will be granted.
- Any delays and difficulties with project completion will be communicated to email@example.com as soon as they are known. This includes any changes to the shade project.
- Our organisation certifies that the project is appropriate to the general facilities available to the organisation. Our organisation is prepared to have the project carried out and will supervise the expenditure of funds.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, our organisation releases and indemnifies CCQ, its directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims arising in relation to any injury (including death), property damage, consequential loss and any other loss, that is suffered by them or any person claiming through them as a direct or indirect result of their participation in the grant, regardless of whether such loss arises under statute or in tort including the negligence of CCQ or otherwise.
- CCQ reserves the right to invalidate any entry which it considers to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Our organisation understands and accepts:
- Applications will not be accepted for items already purchased, retrospective funding or purchase of an item undertaken before notification of application outcome.
- Our organisation can apply for funding to assist with one new shade project either a) permanent shade sail or b) portable shade structures (marquees).
- For permanent shade (shade sail or hard roof structure), the amount of the grant will be 50 per cent of the total cost of the project, up to a maximum of $5000. Our organisation is required, and able, to cover remaining funds.
- For portable shade (marquees), the amount of the grant will be 50 per cent of the total cost of the project, up to a maximum of $2000. Our organisation is required, and able, to cover remaining funds.
- Our organisation understands that successful applicants will be provided with portable shade (marquee) by CCQ through CCQ’s preferred supplier. We accept that choice of colour is not permitted.
- All grant amounts are GST inclusive and any GST implications become the responsibility of our organisation.
- The grant will not fund branding, screen printing, council approval, delivery/freight costs, wages, and ground coverings.
- All items purchased with funding become the property of our organisation and the ongoing maintenance becomes our responsibility.
- Compliance with any council requirements is the responsibility of our organisation.
- CCQ’s decision is final and it will not enter into correspondence regarding unsuccessful applications.
SunSmart Shade Creation Initiative Privacy Collection Statement
Our organisation agrees to Cancer Council Queensland’s privacy collection statement: