No matter what your circumstances are, you have the power to help Queenslanders impacted by cancer. Whether you choose to volunteer, make monthly donations, donate through workplace Giving, give a gift in memory of a loved one, or leave a gift in your will, you can make a difference.
Cancer Council Queensland relies on the generosity of individuals.It is people like you that make life better for every person whos life has been touched by cancer.
Here are just a few of the incredible things your donations made possible last year:
- 6,730 Queenslanders contacted our 13 11 20 information and support line.
- 1,700 hours of counselling were provided to those affected by cancer.
- 3,537 guests stayed at our accommodation during treatment.
- 906 wigs and 1,323 turbans were provided and fitted for those experiencing hair loss.
- 181,000 km of transport services including lifts to and from treatment were provided.
- 395 marquees were gifted to protect Queensland children from harmful UV rays.
- $8.52 million in research funding was raised to reduce the impact cancer has on us all.