Relay For Life is a fun and moving community event that raises vital funds for Cancer Council’s research, prevention, information and support services. Relay is a chance for the local community to recognise and celebrate cancer survivors, those who are living with cancer and their carers, and to remember loved ones lost.
How Relay For Life works
Organised by passionate, local volunteers, each Relay event is an experience that will stay with you forever. We host activities designed to celebrate Survivors and recognise their Carers. We honour those we’ve lost through a moving candlelight ceremony, and we continue to raise funds to support people affected by cancer, fund research and improve cancer prevention.
Everyone then meets at the Relay to celebrate in a relay-style walk, while being entertained by local performers and kids activities and challenging themselves to stay on the track for the duration of the event (or taking it in turns with their team).
Teams of friends, families and colleagues are encouraged to put together a team of 8+ members and fundraise in the lead up to the event.
How can you get involved?
- Register as a team captain and recruit team members
- Join a team and help support your teams fundraising
- Volunteer at a Relay For Life event
- Register as a survivor or carer and participate in our survivor and carer’s lap of honour
- Sponsor an event through monetary donations or in kind donations or services
- Host a Mini Relay For Life or Dress Purple Day and get your whole school involved
Where the money goes
Funds raised through Relay For Life are invested into Cancer Council Queensland’s vital cancer research, education programs and patient support services. Click here to find out where the money goes.