Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea (ABMT) is an opportunity for you and your friends, family or workmates to come together, share a cuppa, some delicious food, and help those affected by cancer.
How your money helps
Cancer Council’s Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is a chance for Australians to get together and raise money for a great cause. One in two Australians will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85. One dollar at a time you are making a real difference helping to fund Cancer Council’s vital research, prevention and support service programmes.
- $25: Funds resources to support GPs and health professionals advising patients on cancer prevention, screening and diagnosis.
- $50: Ensures a cancer nurse is available on our free, confidential telephone service (13 11 20) to offer support on all aspects of cancer.
- $100: Allows us to support childcare centres and primary schools taking part in the National Sunsmart Schools Program.
- $500: Helps fund the provision of telephone and web-based support groups facilitated by trained peer volunteers and health professionals.
- $1000: Brings our ground-breaking research into new and better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
In 2018, we are celebrating our 25th year of Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea in Queensland and are already brewing up some exciting plans.
You can register your interest to be involved in our silver anniversary celebrations. We’ll get in touch beforehand to remind you and send you a host kit packed full of handy tips and tricks for you to host your own morning tea.
The official date of Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea in 2018 is Thursday, May 24th but you can host anytime throughout May or June.
With your help, Cancer Council Queensland can fund more research, prevention and support services to help those affected by cancer.